Monday, May 2, 2011

Providence Half

I ran the Cox Provience Half Marathon yesterday. The weather was almost perfect and the course was a pretty good loop, starting and finishing in downtown Providence, while working its way through Providence's East Side and part of Pawtucket. It was sort of fun to run on some of the streets that I had run on when I was in college.
I ran with Mike, who completely sand bagged me by telling me he'd stay with me as long as he could until I took off. Meanwhile, as I was stuck behind a human wall of people at mile 3, he went ahead of me and never looked back. H ended up having a great race and was able to finish strong and beat me by roughly 3 minutes. That being said, I ended up PRing which was great, beating my old best by over 3 minutes. All and all, it was a good race and I'll plan on being back next year (that is unless I decide to run with DFMC again next April....we''ll see).

No comments:

Post a Comment